Swiss Apple Melt with Bacon Recipe
The Swiss Apple Melt is a savory toasted sandwich perfect for a decadent lunch or snack.Ingredients:
- 1 sliced green apple
- 2 pieces cinnamon raisin pumpernickel bread
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 pieces Swiss cheese
- Butter bread on one side of each piece
- Place a slice of swiss on one slice of bread.
- Add sliced apples and slices of bacon. Top off with second slice of cheese and other piece of bread.
- Add butter to saute pan on medium heat. Add sandwich with butter side of bread into the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Flip sandwich and repeat.
Jahn Kirchoff and Mike Maler of Lane Cafe and Tavern
Visit their website at www.delilane.com