Smokey Breakfast Sausage RecipeIngredients:
- 4 slices Bacon Freak Hickory Smoked Country Bacon
- 1/2 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Gala Apple, peeled, chopped
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Matzo Meal
- 1 Egg White
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup White Onion, minced
- 1 dash Nutmeg
- 3/8 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Sage
- 3/8 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 3/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- Roughly chop 8 slices of bacon and place in a food processor. Process bacon until it is finely chopped and forms a ball in the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portions, about 1/3 cup each.
- Cook sausages in a preheated skillet on medium heat until browned on both sides and they have reached a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Author: Brenda Beaman