Jalapeno Bacon Pizza RecipeIngredients:
- 2 1/4 tsp Yeast
- 2 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Koshoer Salt
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
Pico de Gallo
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 3 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Dried Mexican Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes-diced
- 1/2 cup Onions-dices
- 1 tbsp Cilantro-minced
- 1 clove Garlic-finely grated
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Heat water to about 110° F and add to stand mixer bowl. Add yeast and sugar and wait about 5 minutes for the yeast to begin bubbling. Add Kosher salt and whole wheat flour to the liquid and beat on medium speed with a whip for 3 minutes to develop the gluten.
- Remove the whip and attach the dough hook. Add the white flour and start the mixer slowly until most of the flour has been incorporated. Kneed the dough on a medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Remove the dough hook and sllow the dough to rest and rise until it has about doubled. Prepare sauce toppings while dough is rising.
- Slice 3/4 pound of bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and cook in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat, depending on your stove. Stir bacon occasionally to get even browning. Cook to desired doneness then drain on paper towels. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooked bacon and set aside.
- Crumble queso fresco into a small bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup and set aside.
Pico de Gallo
- Combine all ingredients for pizza sauce in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for pico de gallo in a medium mixing bowl. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer and allow it to drain for at least 10 minutes before topping pizza.
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- Spray a small area of a clean counter top with nonstick cooking spray. Flatten and shape dough into a 14 minch circle. Liberally spray bottom side of dough with nonstick cooking spray to ensure easy release from baking pan. Transfer dough to a 14 inch pizza baking pan.
- Spread about 2/3 cup of pizza sauce onto the dough. Use more or less depending on your taste.
- Sprinkle cooked bacon evenly over pizza.
- Place pizza into 500° F oven for about 7 minutes or until the crust is golden brown on the edges.
- Remove pizza from oven and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Finish topping pizza by adding shredded lettuce, reserved bacon, reserved queso fresco, and pico de gallo.
- Cut pizza into 12 slices and garnish each slice with 1 tsp of light sour cream and one slice of fresh jalapeno.
Author: Brenda Beaman