Danger Dogs (Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs) Recipe
The Danger Dog is a hot dog wrapped in bacon and served with grilled onions and peppers.
8 hot dogs
8 hot dog buns
8 strips of bacon
1 large onion (sliced)
3-4 jalapenos (seeded and sliced)
2 Tbsp Oil
(optional) mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard
Street vendors in Mexico have been serving these treats for years, and now bacon-wrapped hot dogs have made their way north to California and New York, where they have become a favorite post-barhopping snack.
Makes 8 servings
- Cut the onion into slices.
- Cut the jalapenos in half, remove the seeds, and then slice them lengthwise into 1/8 inch wide strips.
- Wrap a strip of bacon tightly around each hot dog.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Add the oinons and pepers, but keep the onions and peppers separate from each other. cook them until soft and a little brown (about 12 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon-wrapped hot dogs in another pan over medium heat. Turn the hot dogs occasionally until the bacon is crisp on all sides (about 12 minutes)
- After the hot dogs are cooked, just stick them in a bun and top them with the sauteed onions and peppers to taste. You can add ketchup or mustard, but the traditional condiment is mayo.
FoodieView's founder Howie Wang
Visit FoodieView's website at www.foodieview.com