Bayou BLT RecipeIngredients:
- 1/2 cup Light Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Onion-finely minced
- 2 tbsp Green Pepper-finely minced
- 2 tbsp Celery-finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco Sauce (or to taste)
- In a small mixing bowl, add mayo, finely minced onion, green pepper, celery, and Tabasco sauce. Stir together and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cook bacon to personal preference and drain on paper towel.
- In the meantime, slice tomatoes to about 1/4 inch thickness. Rinse lettuce leaves and dry them well. Toast bread.
- Assemble sandwiches by liberal spreading sauce onto one slice of bread. Top with lettuce, tomato, bacon, another slice of toasted bread.
Author: Brenda Beaman