Baked Potato Soup with Bacon RecipeIngredients:
- 4 strips Baby Bubba's Hickory Smoked Peppered Bacon, chopped, browned
- 3 tbsp Bacon fat (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 4 cups Lowfat milk
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, microwaved, peeled
- 1/2 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 Green onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp Light sour cream
- Chop bacon strips into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook bacon pieces over medium to medium high heat, depending on your stove, until evenly browned. Drain bacon pieces and reserve fat.
- Microwave potatoes until fully cooked. Set aside until they are cool enough to handle comfortably.
- Peel potatoes and discard skin. Dice potatoes and set aside.
- Cook onions in bacon fat (and vegetable oil to equal 3 tbsp if needed) over medium high heat until onions are tender.
- Stir in flour and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add milk and salt. Turn heat down to medium low and stir.
- Add diced potatoes to Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- top each serving with green onion, cheese, bacon and sour cream.
Author: Brenda Beaman