Spiced Bacon Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
4-6 slices of Vanilla Bourbon or Cinnamon Sugar Bacon, cooked, finely chopped
1. Cook Your Bacon: Lay strips on a foil-lined baking pan. Place in the oven, then turn oven on at 400 degrees. Cook for 17-20 minutes. Drain grease from bacon, chop, and set aside. You'll want to keep an eye on your bacon as the sugar on your bacon can burn if it cooks too long.
2. Mix Your Dough: In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and bacon. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
3. Cut Your Cookies: Preheat oven to 400? F. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
5. Decorate Your Cookies: I used a royal icing I found online and some chopped bacon, but you can use whatever your heart desires. The good thing about these cookies is that they taste wonderful now matter how you decorate them! Go hog wild!