Bacon Brittle RecipeIngredients:
Servings : 8
- Roughly chop 4 slices of bacon and place in a food processor. Process bacon until it is finely chopped and forms a ball in the bowl.
- Cook bacon over medium to medium high heat, depending on your stove, until evenly browned. Drain bacon pieces in a fine mesh sieve and discard fat.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and corn syrup. Clip on a candy thermometer and cook to 300° F. Stir constantly.
- When sugar reaches 300° F remove from heat and remove candy thermometer. Stir in baking soda and bacon pieces and stir vigorously until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined with Reynold's Wrap Nonstick Foil. Allow candy to rest until it is cool enough to handle comfortably but not cold.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the candy and allow them melt. Spread chocolate evenly over the candy with a long spatula or knife.
- Place candy in the freezer just until the chocolate has completely hardened.
- Cut candy into pieces with a very sharp knife.
- Store candy in a single layer in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Author: Brenda Beaman
Source : www.williamsonkenwood.com